Cybersecurity is a different ballgame than being familiar with everything else. It’s one of the most important aspects in today’s technological world no one wants to be left behind or be easily hacked! Here are some of the best resources for learning more about cybersecurity.
1. Udacity: Udacity Cyber Security is a self-paced online course that will take you from beginner to expert in a matter of weeks. The course is taught by experts at Stanford University and other top universities, who have years of experience in cyber security. The curriculum includes topics such as ethical hacking, penetration testing and forensics analysis. The first five lessons cover the basics of how computers work, how hackers attack systems and how to defend against them. The last two lessons are dedicated to defensive techniques such as anti-virus software and firewalls.
2. Coursera: The Coursera Cyber Security Certificate is a highly-demandable certificate program that is delivered online through Coursera. This program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become leaders in the field of cybersecurity. The program will focus on both the theoretical and practical aspects of cyber security, including computer forensics, penetration testing, network security, network analysis, software development, information assurance and more. This certificate program is available for anyone who wants to gain a broad understanding of cyber security. It can be taken by individuals who want to become programmers or system administrators or by professionals looking to advance their career in this field. If you have an interest in learning more about how technology works from an academic perspective, then this certificate may be just what you’re looking for!
3. EdX: The EdX Cyber Security Course is one of the most popular online courses on cyber security. It is taught by Professor Chris DiGiovanni, who has more than a decade’s experience in cyber security. The course covers a wide range of topics such as network security and vulnerability assessment, web application hacking and penetration testing. The best part about the course is that it has been designed to be interactive. You can start working on your own right away after enrolling in the course. You will also get access to all video lectures, slideshows and labs that are available on the EdX website. There are no exams or assignments in this course; instead, you can choose which topics you want to work on based on your interests or career goals. This makes it perfect for people who want to learn more about cyber security but do not have time to sit through lectures all day long every day!
4. Lynda.com: Learn the skills you need to protect your organization from cyber attacks. This course will teach you how to secure your network, and design and implement a secure web application that’s ready for the modern world. With Lynda.com courses, you’ll learn at your own pace on any device, so you can work when it works best for you. If you want to get started right away, choose a course in our library or search for one that’s not yet included.
5. SANS Cyber Aces Online: SANS Cyber Aces Online cyber security course is a complete online course that covers all the essential topics of cyber security. This is an ideal course for professionals and entrepreneurs who want to take their career to the next level or for those who want to start their own business in the field of cyber security. The course helps you understand the concept of cyber security and provides you with an overview of the various aspects of this field. The course consists of a total of five modules: introduction to cyber security, ethical hacking, penetration testing, web application hacking and an advanced penetration testing module. Every module comes with a set of practical exercises that will help you acquire necessary skills for your career as well as for your personal use. Each module has its own set of quizzes and assessments that will help you test your knowledge and evaluate your progress at each step. The entire course includes more than 200 hours of content delivered by experts in their respective fields and takes approximately three months to complete if you study it full-time. It can also be completed in less than two months if you manage your time wisely.
6. Google Information Security Blog: If you are looking for a cyber security course, look no further. This course is designed to teach you how to keep your information safe and secure using the tools and knowledge that Google has provided in their Information Security Blog section. It will cover everything from an overview of how Google approaches cyber security, how they protect their office networks, what they do on an industry level to improve these safeguards, as well as how they can help organizations around the world by sharing best practices.
7. Schneier on Security: Learning more about cyber security can be a daunting task. Luckily, the books and courses of Bruce Schneier are readily available to help you become better informed and prepared for the digital world that we all explore every day. With over 50,000 copies sold and translated into 13 languages, the expert knowledge in cyber security from the authors of Six Degrees explores the risks, threats and policies that surround this complicated topic. From national policies to economic consequences, the impact of cyber attacks can be felt in every corner of the globe.
8. Krebs on Security: All cyber security professionals should have at least one year of full time experience in a niche area, otherwise you will find yourself behind and out of the industry. Students who enroll in Krebs on Security Online Academy will be exposed to relevant industry information and best practices, curriculum that has been specifically researched for cyber security students, and discussion forums that encourage free exchange of ideas from students and instructors alike.
9. Bruce Schneier’s Crypto-Gram Newsletter: The Crypto-Gram Newsletter course is one of the most comprehensive cyber security courses available. Learn from the best. The Crypto-Gram newsletter is a weekly email from Bruce Schneier, contributing editor to Wired magazine, and author of Liars and Outliers: Enabling the Trust that Society Needs to Thrive. Learn how to protect yourself and your organization with practical security strategies in this course by Bruce Schneier, Chief Security Technology Officer of IBM.
10. CircleID: Internet Infrastructure cyber security course will bring you in front of the real world challenges and skills that are required to enter in the cyber security field. You will learn how to plan and implement an infrastructure for your organization, about securing networks and services, about securing data and preventing unauthorized access to it. CircleID – Internet Infrastructure cyber security provides students with a comprehensive yet practical understanding of cyber security in the modern age. It covers how to identify, prevent, respond and recover against attacks on Internet infrastructure, using cloud computing and the hybrid clouds. The course also delves into the challenges facing organisations that are unprepared for cyber attacks and offers recommendations for companies on how to improve their cyber defence posture.
11. Dark Reading: Learn how to protect networks and systems with the most common threats and vulnerabilities. From ethical hacking, to penetration testing, and defense techniques; our Dark Reading: cyber security course offers an in-depth look at these topics. Get the most important skills for cyber security jobs with the Dark Reading: Cyber Security course. Dark Reading: cybersecurity courses are proven to be effective in helping you not only climb that corporate ladder but also secure your future career. Learn the essential skills of information security, ethical hacking, and cyber forensics.
Conclusion: These websites can help you learn about cybersecurity topics and concerns.