Windows 11 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, featuring a redesigned user interface, new features, and improved performance. If you’re upgrading to Windows 11, or you’re a new user, you may be wondering how to get the most out of your PC. In this article, we’ll provide you with the ultimate guide to Windows 11 tips and tricks, so you can make the most of your computer.
- Use Snap Layouts and Snap Groups for Multitasking One of the standout features of Windows 11 is the new Snap Layouts and Snap Groups, which makes multitasking on your PC easier than ever before. You can use Snap Layouts to snap windows to specific regions of your screen, such as splitting your screen into two equal halves, or having a larger main window with smaller secondary windows beside it. Snap Groups allows you to save your Snap Layouts for later use, so you can easily switch between different multitasking setups.
- Customize Your Start Menu and Taskbar Windows 11 has a new Start Menu and Taskbar design, but you can still customize it to your liking. You can pin your favorite apps and websites to the Taskbar for quick access, or resize the Start Menu to make it bigger or smaller. You can also choose which apps show up in the Start Menu, or change the color scheme of the Start Menu and Taskbar to match your desktop wallpaper.
- Try Out Virtual Desktops If you’re someone who likes to have multiple desktops for different tasks, Windows 11 has a new Virtual Desktops feature that allows you to create multiple desktops and switch between them easily. You can also move windows between different virtual desktops, making it easier to organize your workspace and stay focused on your tasks.
- Use the Windows Key Shortcuts Windows 11 has a variety of Windows key shortcuts that can help you navigate your PC more efficiently. For example, you can press Windows + D to quickly minimize all your windows and show your desktop, or Windows + L to lock your PC. You can also use Windows + X to access the Quick Link menu, which provides quick access to common settings and features.
- Try the New Widgets Feature Windows 11 has a new Widgets feature that provides quick access to news, weather, and other personalized content. You can access the Widgets panel by clicking on the Widgets icon in the Taskbar, or by pressing Windows + W. You can customize the content shown in the Widgets panel by choosing your preferred news sources and other settings.
- Explore the New Settings App Windows 11 has a redesigned Settings app that makes it easier to manage your PC settings. You can access the Settings app by clicking on the Start Menu and selecting Settings, or by pressing Windows + I. You can customize a variety of settings, including display, sound, network, and more. You can also search for specific settings using the search bar at the top of the Settings app.
- Use the New Microsoft Edge Browser Windows 11 comes with the new Microsoft Edge browser, which is faster, more secure, and has a variety of new features. You can use Edge to browse the web, watch videos, and access your favorite websites. Edge also has a variety of built-in tools, such as a PDF reader, a screenshot tool, and a password manager.
Try Out the New Touch Keyboard If you’re using a touch-enabled PC, Windows 11 has a new Touch Keyboard that makes it easier to type on your screen. You can access the Touch Keyboard by clicking on the keyboard icon in the Taskbar, or by pressing Windows + H. The Touch Keyboard has a variety of features, such as swipe typing, handwriting recognition, and voice typing.